[Sidefx-houdini-list] Hscript: Render verbosity of non mantra jobs

Miles Green Miles.Green at al.com.au
Wed Oct 13 20:26:16 EDT 2010

Thanks for the help guys,

*Hans: *
unfortunately -V with an value argument does nothing for me, I'm pretty
sure that this only works for the mantra command and not for
Geometry/DOP Rops, for my sanity I tried "-V9" and with a space sperated
"-V 9" but no difference occurred and I just got the basic echo of
current processing frame

*Rangi/Peter/Edward: *
thanks for the tips on perfmon, I tried it but it only seems to output
stuff when the actual frame is updated on the timeline, I tried a few
hack of using "fcur $N" in pre/post frame scripts but the best I
received was an output after the whole job was complete (not per frame)

In the end I've had to resort to some raw unix commands for memory and
give up on the node timing and explicit verbosity with this command post
frame:

unix echo "---- MEMORY USAGE FOR FRAME $N -----";unix free -m

of course this is after the actual render of the frame operation, but at
least it will tell me if the machine is about to topple over...

if anyone has any other tricks let me know

Edward Lam wrote:
> On 10/13/2010 6:35 AM, Rangi Sutton wrote:
>
>> Oh... that doesn't sound good. Like I said, it was just an idea, not
>> something I had tried. So it's broken eh? Bugga.
>>
>> On 13 October 2010 19:59, Peter Bowmar<pbowmar at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>

>>> Did they fix the perf monitor to work in non graphical mode? If so, yay!
>>>

> Tuesday, November 4, 2008
> Houdini 9.7.92: Added a new command, "perfmon" to hscript that enables
> the performance monitor, and allows it to output to stdout. The command
> also enables changing the format of the times that are output, so that
> they can all be displayed in seconds or milliseconds if desired.

Miles Green
Digital Artist, FX Lead TD, Guardians
T: +61 [0]2 9383 4928