[Sidefx-houdini-list] FBX import, no geometry

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Wed Oct 13 10:14:45 EDT 2010

Thanks Phil. Yes, that is an option and probably where we will go if
we can't get FBX working correctly.

However last year, on a similar project, we had a lot of trouble with
vertex normals on the obj export ( I don't think they are supported
there).
so we tried FBX on the suggestion of Ivan and Robert M. .... and that
worked great.

I'm not even sure if vertex normals will be an issue on this model,
but we figured lets give FBX a shot first since we had luck with it
last time.
Trying to further our knowledge on the format and all that stuff.

Thanks also Quinn. We will try a convert to poly + FBX combo next.

Larry