[Sidefx-houdini-list] FBX import, no geometry

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Wed Oct 13 09:31:18 EDT 2010

Hello all,

We're trying to import an FBX file exported from Maya ( original data
was .STEP).
We really only need the model

The FBX seems to import but no actually geometry comes in. There are
tons of objects labeled like parts of the model,
but all file SOPs list 0 primitives, 0 points.

Anyone every experience this? I'm hoping it may be something simple
but we've been up and down the import options in Houdini with no luck.
Wondering if there is some direction I can offer to the Maya artist
that may help on the export side.

The FBX file in question does appear to be around the correct size so
something is in there ... and it does import back into Maya correctly.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry
G Creative Studios