[Sidefx-houdini-list] Hscript: Render verbosity of non mantra jobs

Rangi Sutton rangi.sutton at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 02:40:57 EDT 2010

On 13 October 2010 15:35, Miles Green <Miles.Green at al.com.au> wrote:

> Sending again as i think I sent as html last time
>
> Hi,
>  We are just setting up our Farm to handle Houdini jobs, and would like
> to get more verbose output from Houdini's non mantra renders
>
> currently the non mantra jobs run on the farm machines via Hscript with
> the render command:
>
> render -V /out/geometry_nodepath/
>
> Unfortunately the Verbose flag isn't that verbose, I've also tried
> adding the flag -a which gives % based output, but what I'm really after
> is all the info you see in an interactive progress bar when you hit
> render followed by some time and memory summaries i.e:
>
> geometry1 frame 121 (121 of 240)   //this is what I currently get (but i
> also want the below)
>    solving simulation objects
>    performing GAS_Advect
>    frame complete:
>    Memory Usage : 3.42gb
>    Time to complete: 20.2 seconds
> ..
> ..
>
> is this possible ? to me it seems mantra seems to have levels of
> verbosity but unfortunately non mantra jobs don't   :(

As a pre-render script.. some hscript something like:

performance -l stdout -e on

Should make it start spitting out the performance monitor logs to stdout and
hence captured by your renderfarm logs? This can be configured and filtered
as per the performance monitor window.

Not that I've ever done this.. just an idea.

Cheers,
r.