[Sidefx-houdini-list] Volume Vex Operator

Rangi Sutton rangi at kanuka.com.au
Tue Nov 30 20:59:23 EST 2010

On 1 December 2010 10:11, Sebastian H. Schmidt <
sebastian.h.schmidt at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> does anybody know how i could write a volume-vex-sop node ?
> I'm tiered of plugging lots of nodes together in a volume-vop and it would
> be good just to write it in vex.
> But in the 'new -operator type' dialog there is no option to create a
> geometry-volume operator.
> I've seen that the context for volumes is cvex but creating a cvex-operator
> creates a shop and not a sop :/.
> Any Ideas on how to create a simple volume-vex-sop ?

Use the "Script" option in the volume vop sop to point to an external .vex
file?

I haven't done this.. but I imagine you'd start with an default volume vop,
jump inside, RMB on the input tile and "Save VEX code to file".. point the
script to that file and start coding.... ?

Beers,
r.