[Sidefx-houdini-list] metaballAsMasks

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Thu Nov 18 17:54:09 EST 2010

That's a tool I plan to do in my spare time. Basically you would create
a Vop Sop with the Meta-loop Vop etc to add a falloff attribute on your
incoming points.

I did something useful too is a falloff tool based on a closed curve on
a surface. It avoids using the Paint Sop to be fully procedural and you
still have lots of control. In many cases it is more precise and easier
to setup than metaballs.

I've used Modo and they have nice falloff shapes. I think I will do a
curve falloff where you would create any curve and control the radius of
influence along the curve from a ramp.

After my contract I plan to release those tools and many more.

François