[Sidefx-houdini-list] lit fog query

Mark Elendt mark at sidefx.com
Fri Nov 12 08:13:51 EST 2010

I don't do real production, so maybe this doesn't count.

However, to get lit fog, I now just put down a big cube as a volume
object and lower the sampling.

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=17462

It's a lot easier to set up, more accurate and handles multiple light
sources.  It probably takes a little longer to render though (you
still want z-depth shadows :)

On Friday Nov 12 at 11:42, Phil Spicer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any advance on the lit fog shader for creating fog light volume renders? I notice that it still is listed at SHOP Level, and the Atmosphere Object assignment of it still produces the lit fog effect. I just wanted to check if any better or faster method of generating this effect has been established.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Phil.
>

> BU - the UK's Number One New University
> The Guardian University Guide 2009 & 2010
>
> This email is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email, which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person. exe
> Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Bournemouth University or its subsidiary companies. Nor can any contract be formed on behalf of the University or its subsidiary companies via email.

Mark Elendt