[Sidefx-houdini-list] VHUG Nov 2010 meeting @ CIS, Wed Nov 17th, 7:00 p.m.

Jeff Wagner jeff at sidefx.com
Thu Nov 11 14:49:52 EST 2010

Ahh the latest generation of MacBook Pro laptops don't put out the
strongest video sync signal. I wonder if that dongle you have to plug in
to the side is providing too much impedance... With my MacBook Pro, I
have to watch out if there is a long video cable running from the
MacBook Pro to the Video amplifier. I love it when the video switcher is
right near the table. :)

What length works? Dunno. I do know that a 20' vga cable is iffy. 50'
feet? Best to pack it in. You'll just get a flipping video signal great
for triggering epileptic seizures in some. This from a lot of recent
experiences. ;)

-jeff