[Sidefx-houdini-list] Material path stuck on Primitive attributes-

Jed Schwartz jed at jedschwartz.com
Tue Nov 2 11:25:24 EDT 2010

Yup-- this was an older object, I can see it contains the old
shop_vm_surface primitive attribute-

On Nov 2, 2010, at 11:06 AM, Mark Elendt wrote:

> You might try the:
>     vm_overridedetail
> property.  Oh wait, this isn't your problem.
>
> Were you adding the same type of material attributes on the geometry?
> Was one perhaps the old style "shop_vm_surface" instead of
> "shop_materialpath"?  I'd probably have to know a little more about
> the geometry file and the attributes that were there, but it seems
> that the old shop_vm_surface could throw a wrench in the works.
>
> On Tuesday Nov 02 at 10:30, Jed Schwartz wrote:
>> Is there a simple way to clear all primitive attributes from an
>> object-? I just had a situation where  I could not re-assign a
>> material to an object on the SOP level- It appears that the material
>> imbedded in the primitive atts can not be over-ridden, any new
>> material path is ignored and when rendered, the surface shader is
>> stuck on some imbedded shader. I had to save out the geo as a .poly
>> to strip it clean- When I read it back in, all works as expected when
>> assigning a new material-
>>
>> I'm sure I'm missing something obvious-- my problem is solved, but
>> I'm curious to know what's going on..?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jed-
>>
>> jed at jedschwartz.com
>> http://www.jedschwartz.com

Jed Schwartz
Creative Director
Jed Schwartz Productions
603-495-3125
jed at jedschwartz.com
http://www.jedschwartz.com

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be
legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient or an
authorized representative of an intended recipient, you are
prohibited from using, copying or distributing the information in
this e-mail or its attachments. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
delete all copies of this message and any attachments.