[Sidefx-houdini-list] Material path stuck on Primitive attributes-

Jed Schwartz jed at jedschwartz.com
Tue Nov 2 10:30:19 EDT 2010

Is there a simple way to clear all primitive attributes from an
object-? I just had a situation where  I could not re-assign a
material to an object on the SOP level- It appears that the material
imbedded in the primitive atts can not be over-ridden, any new
material path is ignored and when rendered, the surface shader is
stuck on some imbedded shader. I had to save out the geo as a .poly
to strip it clean- When I read it back in, all works as expected when
assigning a new material-

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious-- my problem is solved, but
I'm curious to know what's going on..?

Thanks,

Jed-

jed at jedschwartz.com