[Sidefx-houdini-list] clean transforms

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Fri May 28 20:41:32 EDT 2010

2010/5/28 Ken Ouellette <ken.ouellette at gmail.com>

> Can't forget the fetchObject and the stickyObject...
> both have there uses and inherit pitfalls.

Yep that is the reason because I am asking to Jeff about the blog.
There are several ways to mimic Maya cnstraints, problem is that this
flexibility for new users is really a problem.
You need something straighforward, and easy for the users.
So far my solution is to use some shelf scripts that allows the user to
create point/orient/scale and aim constrains using chops.
 But I am curious about what Jeff think is the best solution for this.

> -k
>
> 2010/5/28 Pablo Giménez <pablogipi at gmail.com>
>
> > 2010/5/28 Jeff Wagner <jeff at sidefx.com>
> >
> > For me the best way is using chops and the in particualr the Object CHOP,
> >   whichgrabs the real transform from an object an then apply it another
> > object.
> >  Blend OBJ is also useful but the problem with it is that it applyes all
> > the
> > transform realted to the parent(s) of the blend object, and not in the
> > space
> > of the target object.

Un saludo
Best Regards