[Sidefx-houdini-list] advice on a "set shot" workflow inwindows!??!! (WTF)

Marc Horsfield march at blackginger.tv
Fri May 28 02:30:59 EDT 2010

yeah, there are some people out here doing a similar thing (animated feature on
windows). Recently one of their servers went down because someone plugged a usb
stick with a virus into their workstation.... bam!

And yet the resistance to linux out here is still amazingly strong. I just don't
understand it.

"There really is no getting around Houdini and Unix for a lean startup in my
opinion."

I concur wholeheartedly.

Cheers

>>> Ammon