[Sidefx-houdini-list] RBD Glue woes

Louis Dunlevy louisdunlevy at gmail.com
Fri May 28 00:47:18 EDT 2010

Using the rbd state dop to set your glue strength? Off the top of my
head If you have it at "Set Always" you can either manually keyframe it
(-1 never breaks) or use a dopfield expression or suchlike. Depending on
the mass of your object, you may need a very high glue strength in any
case. From what I remember you can look at the forces and velocity of
your object to determine how high the glue strength should be. When the
force on the object is higher than the glue strength, it breaks.

Off the top of my head mind... take that with a pinch of salt ;-)

Cheers