[Sidefx-houdini-list] RBD Glue woes

jacob fisher jacobfshr at gmail.com
Thu May 27 23:11:13 EDT 2010

So, the internal glue setting is not being friendly to me with this
fractured object I have in dops.
Expressions and keying don't work for the value, and I'm running out
of ideas and crashing my head into a wall.
Half-life seems not effective as well.

I want this object to simply bounce once before it breaks.  Instead,
it breaks instantly or not at all.  How do I go about doing a geometry
switch?  It doesn't bounce straight up and down, so I can't just alter
a creation frame and render the first 50 frames or whatever bouncing
pre break.

I feel like there is a very simple solution that I'm over looking.
Hopefully.  It's also late and I can't think straight, so please
forgive me overlooking important details or small checkboxes.