[Sidefx-houdini-list] advice on a "set shot" workflow inwindows!??!! (WTF)

Ammon Riley ammon.riley at gmail.com
Thu May 27 12:31:02 EDT 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 9:01 AM, Larry Giunta
<larry at gcreativestudios.com> wrote:
> Just wondering if it will be very difficult to get command line
> render scripts (and similar type tools, etc) working smoothly
> .... or will it be a lot of fussing to get it all working similar to
> Linux.

Assuming you have all of your binaries already available on the
mac, just open up terminal (or ssh in to the mac), and run your
scripts. End of story.

You might have to check paths to some of the system tools --
'/usr/bin/yes' vs. '/bin/yes', for example. OS X has slightly different
software installation practices, which may have some bearing on how apps
get run. It's also a BSD based system under the hood, so some tools come
with the associated BSD-isms, which can be slightly different from their
GNU counterparts.

Otherwise, I use my mac at home pretty much exactly like I do a
Linux box, only with a slightly higher level of frustration because
I don't like many of the UI choices.

Cheers,
Ammon