[Sidefx-houdini-list] advice on a "set shot" workflow inwindows!??!! (WTF)

Alex Lim list at poh-yee.com
Thu May 27 11:43:06 EDT 2010

But, but, but......... there is that thinggy called "Cygwin" that's
really useful for Windows and you can still automate things in there!
Zsh, tcsh, bash, python, perl (gasp!), java, etc. I even launched
Houdini (and using POSIX path) from that Cyggy. :-D

Just don't try to compile some serious numeric crunching code using
Cygwin emulation layer tho... that may not get you the performance you want.

But seriously tho, I think that in a lot of time, using shell command is
heck of a lot faster than point-n-click. There's so much you can do in
there. When it comes to point-n-click, my dexterity isn't as good as it
used to be 10 or 20 years ago...