[Sidefx-houdini-list] advice on a "set shot" workflow inwindows!??!! (WTF)

Robert Kelly isstuff at gmail.com
Wed May 26 11:54:18 EDT 2010

a thought i had was to write over the houdini.env file with some
shot/job launcher. So you just over write the houdini.env at the time
of starting houdini and then you can return it to a generic state a
second after its finished starting houdini. As my system stands now
the houdini.env points to my otls for this job and not much else.  My
"shot master" asset sets houdini vars based on the shot that you
choose, when you press the "Set Env Vars" button. That is set when the
shot is first layed out, this seams to work well enough. there is no
456.py interaction and all scripts are inside assets, its less
featured but it works.