[Sidefx-houdini-list] advice on a "set shot" workflow inwindows!??!! (WTF)

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Tue May 25 05:37:00 EDT 2010

Sorry but I can't believe that there are still people that think in these
terms.
Basically were are human beings so we make heman errors and if you can have
a system that minimiae these errors to the minimum you are gaining time for
the "artists".
I can't really understand why people think that a pipeline is against
artist, is against artist that don't care about the rest of the team and the
production and only care about their stuff.
If you work in a pipeline, even in small studios it forces you to adapt you
way of working to it, but also ensures that you can coexists with the rest
of the people in the project, which much more important than being a super
good creative artist.
And to work as a team you need rules, the stricter the rules the better, cos
if something fails is much more easier to track and tackle the problem.
If you relly all the pipeline and production workflow in human
communications capabilities, even in small teams, you are lost in the
mid-long term.
I have a rule of thumg, that so far have worked for me from studios with 3
people to 800. If the studios doen's havea strong pipeline it
guarantees youlong work hours.
Have a good day!

Un saludo
Best Regards