[Sidefx-houdini-list] advice on a "set shot" workflow inwindows!??!! (WTF)

Ammon Riley ammon.riley at gmail.com
Mon May 24 16:38:35 EDT 2010

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 4:40 PM, c.p.brown <cpb at snotbubble.com> wrote:
> If you work simply like this then file management is totally a non-issue,
> sharing work is a matter of communication (as it should be), restored
> work won't be broken and you can concentrate on making pretty pictures
> however you see fit.

Of course, if artists are given good tools, file management under a complex
directory structure is still a non-issue, sharing work can be made even easier
(hey... that communication you speak of? Much of it can be automated),
restored work won't be broken (because, for example, you can ensure
that anything that work depends on is restored at the same time), etc.

> Its also much cheaper and efficient as you can wholly staff your team with
> income-generating artists instead of having to hire support staff, have
> artists devote time to data-entry or having to waste time (and possibly
> talent) on a diciplinary procedure for artists who take shortcuts.

Having worked in studios that range in size between 3 and 800 people,
all I can say is... good luck with that.