[Sidefx-houdini-list] About sprite shader for particle

chuong nguyen vien chuong_nguyenvien at yahoo.com
Sun May 23 11:59:03 EDT 2010

Thank you very much. I got it work now

--- On Sun, 5/23/10, François Duchesneau <sidefx at trinix.ca> wrote:

From: François Duchesneau <sidefx at trinix.ca>
Subject: Re: [Sidefx-houdini-list] About sprite shader for particle
To: sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
Date: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 10:12 PM

If you want to create a custom vm_geo_sprite procedural you will have to
do it with the HDK but it already flexible in the sense that you can any
custom attribute and tell the vm_geo_sprite you want to recognize. This
way you can do whatever you want with it if your surface shader (even
displacement shader I think) is reading that attribute with a Parameter Vop.

The vm_geo_sprite is just telling Mantra to create a small grid always
facing the camera for every points it finds and reacting to the
attributes sprite_shop, sprite_rot, sprite_scale etc. The real shading
is always inside the surface shader.

François