[Sidefx-houdini-list] Crazy slowness in VOP SOPs

craigleehoffman at aol.com craigleehoffman at aol.com
Fri May 21 16:00:49 EDT 2010

 I believe that when another artist was trying out Apprentice this problem didn't exist- the slowness only started for him once he used the new commercial license that is being served over the network.

I don't think the host machine would be referencing anything from my machine, but I am not too knowledgeable on all the licensing and network stuff- someone else always handles that.  :)

Can this be caused by network slowness?  Why doesn't Houdini just run locally once the license is validated?..

Thanks,
Craig