[Sidefx-houdini-list] Crazy slowness in VOP SOPs

craigleehoffman at aol.com craigleehoffman at aol.com
Fri May 21 15:02:37 EDT 2010

Hi all,

We just got our new Houdini licenses up and running here and we noticed that the VOP SOP is almost unusable (not sure what else is at this point...)- it takes forever (hangs up but eventually comes back) to plop down an operator and forever to wire one up, etc.  We are running 64 bit on Windows 7 and with different H10 builds, different graphics cards, etc., so it isn't isolated to some obvious configuration.

I even tried disabling the Anti-Virus and also set the environment variable for OGL to the software emulation to see if either would make any difference, but they didn't.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Craig Hoffman
FX Lead