[Sidefx-houdini-list] getting a local space for a transforming object

David Johnson daveinengland at gmail.com
Sat May 8 23:37:55 EDT 2010

We have a SOP that will take the normal of either a point or a primitive and
transform the whole model such that the point or primitive is at the local
origin and the normal is oriented along one of the axis. Just a simple
transform and a rotate VOP. It also puts the rotation into a Detail
attribute for use at the object level. It doesn't do what the paper talks
about (automatically finding what humans would consider "up"), but it's
quite useful for setting up animation controls at the object level. I'll see
if I can upload it on Monday to the forum.

Dave