[Sidefx-houdini-list] Particle fluids questions

Steve Tucker Steve.Tucker at Starz.com
Fri May 7 18:17:28 EDT 2010

If you can't solve problem 1, you could potentially work around it.
The final example in http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1500&Itemid=132 demonstrates deleting particles by id (via selecting them in the viewport).

 - Steve

Stephen Tucker, VFX Artist
p: 416.682.5200 x 5363  | f: 416.682.5209
Starz Media Canada Co. | 230 Richmond Street East | Toronto, ON M5A 1P4
www.starzanimation.com

-----Original Message-----
From: sidefx-houdini-list-bounces at sidefx.com [mailto:sidefx-houdini-list-bounces at sidefx.com] On Behalf Of Peter Bowmar
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 12:33 PM
To: sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
Subject: Re: [Sidefx-houdini-list] Particle fluids questions

Hi Phil,

Can't help with #1 but you can use the "-j" flag to Hscript or Houdini
to control the number of threads, so:

hbatch -j 4

will use up to 4 cores.

Since threading is never a linear gain, I often use -j 1 but 4 or 8
sims on one box (depending on the cores and RAM available) for maximum
efficiency. For a very hi-res sim, I use all cores available or it
doesn't get done until 2011 :)

Cheers,

Peter B