[Sidefx-houdini-list] Particle fluids questions

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Fri May 7 12:33:20 EDT 2010

Hi Phil,

Can't help with #1 but you can use the "-j" flag to Hscript or Houdini
to control the number of threads, so:

hbatch -j 4

will use up to 4 cores.

Since threading is never a linear gain, I often use -j 1 but 4 or 8
sims on one box (depending on the cores and RAM available) for maximum
efficiency. For a very hi-res sim, I use all cores available or it
doesn't get done until 2011 :)

Cheers,

Peter B