[Sidefx-houdini-list] advice on a "set shot" workflow in windows!??!! (WTF)

Rangi Sutton rangi.sutton at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 19:52:40 EDT 2010

On 1 April 2010 03:26, Robert Kelly <isstuff at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Peeps
>
> So i am her in a medium size studio that is new to houdini and windows
> based, there is 2 of us here and we could do with a set shot workflow.
> The regular answer in a studio that is running anything but windows is
> a bunch of bash scripts. So is the answer use cigwin and what about
> the render nodes?
>
> This is probably a huge topic but why not scratch the surface.
>
> I have minimal bash scripting experience but am comfortable in Python
> so any ideas?

Hey Rob,

There might be some new options now that python is around, and win7 might
have new goodness. But basically you can transplant all the goodness of your
linux land bash scripts and environments straight into cygwin.

Life's a little weirder, with drive mappings mostly. But it's sure worth
trying it out.

I'm very keen to hear how you go, since at Kanuka we're finally moving over
exclusively to windows (and 3ds Max) and finally ditching linux for good.

Cheers,
r.

--
Rangi Sutton                             Kanuka Studio Pty Ltd
rangi at kanuka.com.au               http://www.kanuka.com.au/