[Sidefx-houdini-list] advice on a "set shot" workflow in windows!??!! (WTF)

Robert Kelly isstuff at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 17:31:16 EDT 2010

The idea of "set shot" comes from being in a Linux based studio where
you say what shot your in and all the environment variables get set so
when jumping between shots and or jobs scripts and HDA's render paths
can be scripted so the files you produce are in predictable locations
so other scripted tools can work. The other option is to be as
reliable as a robot when you manually set the paths and find
resources. In my opinion if you act like a robot then that is where
you put in some automation.

It just isn't rite the way you edit the environment variables in
windows. Especially if you are going to do that more than once a day.