[Sidefx-houdini-list] advice on a "set shot" workflow in windows!??!! (WTF)

Alex Lim list at poh-yee.com
Wed Mar 31 15:47:55 EDT 2010

Hi there! A while back I was able to set up my Cygwin environment to
mimic that of a unix shell using either bash/tcsh in combination with a
series of python script that would initialize Houdini and other
environment with various version controls. It was done more for academic
exercises, rather... I was able to invoke Houdini from within Cygwin and
(if my memory hasn't failed me) was also able to use posix path in
Houdini/Mplay that was launched from Cygwin.  It does actually works,
just takes a little more time to configure compared to that of Linux/OSX...

-Alex