[Sidefx-houdini-list] bubble geometry in houdini

Ben Schrijvers ben.schrijvers at guerrilla-games.com
Tue Mar 30 12:27:37 EDT 2010

Yes I was thinking simular about voronoi or more the cell bit of voronoi.
As this is how I break up geometry and get internal surfaces.

I would solve the whole thing in voxels if it's not a big volume that
needs to be filled.
First generate a volume from the bubbles with metaballs blending
together. This will be the outside shape.
Then creating a volume per bubble and converting that into an iso surface.
That volume per bubble (volume vop) would loop through all the bubble
centers (particles) and multiply 1 with the blended volume IF the bubble
in question is the closest bubble. If it's not the closest it would
multiply with 0 and hence there wouldn't be any density.

cheers,
benS