[Sidefx-houdini-list] group of objects user selection for export ROP?

katrin schmid Katisss at gmx.de
Sat Mar 27 07:49:02 EDT 2010


hi,
while the button soluion is quick and easy
i can not really hit a button on a ROP
with objects selected. I loose the selection
when i select the ROP... Am i missing smething?
Regards,
katrin
 

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:03:31 +0000 (GMT)
> Von: khashayar khalkhaly <xerxesdreames at yahoo.co.uk>
> An: sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
> Betreff: Re: [Sidefx-houdini-list] group of objects user selection for	export ROP?

> 
> 
> Hi Katrin,
> 
> You can write a custom selection tools and then make a shelf button, call
> the selection tool and then the automatically feed it to your ROP OTL, even
> you can have the shelf push the export button on OTL.
> 
> Hope it helped,
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Kash
> 
> 
> 
> ________________________________
> From: "sidefx-houdini-list-request at sidefx.com"
> <sidefx-houdini-list-request at sidefx.com>
> To: sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
> Sent: Sun, 21 March, 2010 9:00:01
> Subject: Sidefx-houdini-list Digest, Vol 237, Issue 7
> 
> Send Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list submissions to
>     sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
> 
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>     https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>     sidefx-houdini-list-request at sidefx.com
> 
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>     sidefx-houdini-list-owner at sidefx.com
> 
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Sidefx-houdini-list digest..."
> 
> 
> Today's Topics:
> 
>    1. group of objects user selection for export    ROP? (katrin schmid)
>    2. Re: group of objects user selection for    export ROP?
>       (Andrew D Lyons)
> 
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 13:46:57 +0100
> From: "katrin schmid" <Katisss at gmx.de>
> Subject: [Sidefx-houdini-list] group of objects user selection for
>     export    ROP?
> To: sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com <sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com>
> Message-ID: <20100321124657.108930 at gmx.net>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
> 
> hi,
> this is probably more about otl design than hdk: 
> can i give the user a way to select/mark a 
> group of objects for geometry export in a ROP?
> I can not make the Operator list or path accept more
> than one object and habe been told that is the way they work.
> Can i or should i change this?
> Best Rrgards,
> katrin
> -- 
> GMX.at - ?sterreichs FreeMail-Dienst mit ?ber 2 Mio Mitgliedern
> E-Mail, SMS & mehr! Kostenlos: http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atfreemail
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 08:15:39 -0700
> From: Andrew D Lyons <tstexture at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Sidefx-houdini-list] group of objects user selection for
>     export ROP?
> To: sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
> Message-ID:
>     <6809fcad1003210815g1e5baa98pb1113517c0776306 at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
> 
> The operator list should accept multiple space seperated objects.
> 
> You can also use bundles. Bundles are a kind of selection set:
> 1./ Make a node bundle
> 2./ Put the bundle name in the "Candidate Objects" field: @bundlename
> 
> http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini10.0/basics/bundles
> http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini10.0/ref/panes/bundles
> 
> 
> On 21 March 2010 05:46, katrin schmid <Katisss at gmx.de> wrote:
> > hi,
> > this is probably more about otl design than hdk:
> > can i give the user a way to select/mark a
> > group of objects for geometry export in a ROP?
> > I can not make the Operator list or path accept more
> > than one object and habe been told that is the way they work.
> > Can i or should i change this?
> > Best Rrgards,
> > katrin
> > --
> > GMX.at - ?sterreichs FreeMail-Dienst mit ?ber 2 Mio Mitgliedern
> > E-Mail, SMS & mehr! Kostenlos: http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atfreemail
> > _______________________________________________
> > Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
> > Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
> > https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list
> >
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> =======================================
> Andrew D Lyons | Digital Artist | http://www.tstex.com
> =======================================
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
> Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
> https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list
> 
> 
> End of Sidefx-houdini-list Digest, Vol 237, Issue 7
> ***************************************************
> 
> 
> 
>       
> _______________________________________________
> Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
> Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
> https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list

-- 
Sicherer, schneller und einfacher. Die aktuellen Internet-Browser -
jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/chbrowser



More information about the Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list