[Sidefx-houdini-list] does anyone have a .pc2 importer?

Robert Kelly isstuff at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 15:37:47 EDT 2010

Thanks for the advice.

I ended up taking the pc2_XSI loader adding a frame parameter that
defaults to $F so that it can be easily offset then wrapped it up with
the mdd Rop and a mdd loader so it is nice and fast and handles
subframes. The speed of the PC2 loader was 630 ms per frame and the
mdd was 230ms per frame but that is pretty good for a python sop.

so the workflow ends up being....
1. append the pc2_to_mdd asset to the geometry tat is to be deformed
2. set the path to the pc2
3. press the "make mdd file" button
   this makes the mdd file saved beside the pc2 file and switches the
output to the mdd defamer
4. enjoy