[Sidefx-houdini-list] does anyone have a .pc2 importer?

Rangi Sutton rangi.sutton at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 20:25:47 EDT 2010

On 25 March 2010 10:19, Robert Kelly <isstuff at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi peeps
>
> We have a little problem getting the animation of deforming objects
> out of xsi using FBX xsi does not like the fbx's it puts out... the
> objects are flipped. So I was asked if houdini can take a .pc2 file
>
> any one imported that format into Houdini before. Rangi Sutton made a
> obj sequence to .pc2 python script and shared it on the exchange, but
> it would be faster if i didn't have to reverse engineer that script.

Hey Rob,

I'm pretty sure XSI exports mdd caches? With a plugin maybe? So save out a
.obj, plus a matched mdd cache.. use file sop + mdd sop and you've at least
the functionality going down pc2 gives you. Of course, there's an mdd rop if
you want to standadise and use same format for houdini->xsi..

Cheers.
r.

--
Rangi Sutton                             Kanuka Studio Pty Ltd
rangi at kanuka.com.au               http://www.kanuka.com.au/