[Sidefx-houdini-list] GTO users

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 12:44:07 EDT 2010

I got ggto built for Houdini last night. Had to make some code fixes
to get Writer.cpp to write without errors though.

Now that I have seen what's there for Houdini my concern is that it
uses the GEOio post-converter mechanism rather than a native HDK
ROP/SOP. That will be kind of slow for large models. Also, no point
attributes were handled. Using the soccer ball in the platonic SOP for
read / write tests I also noticed it didn't handle closure properly.

It's a start - but there's work to be done...

Cheers