[Sidefx-houdini-list] Run Script doesn't like Python???

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 08:12:27 EDT 2010

2010/3/23 Graham Thompson <captainhammy at gmail.com>

> The ID is basically just some internal name/event.  In most cases the
> event triggers an internal Houdini command.  You also use the ids to
> map keyboard shortcuts to.
>
> If you look in $HH/MainMenuMaster you'll see the "docs" for all this
> stuff.  It shows you an example of running an external script as
> opposed to running code.
>
>      <scriptItem id="h.my_python_script">
>        <label>My Python Script</label>
>        <scriptPath>$HOME/script_file.py</scriptPath>
>        <scriptArgs>arg_one arg_two arg_three</scriptArgs>
>      </scriptItem>

It worked, thanks.
One thing about your first version in your previous email.
What is the meanind of !CDATA, why we have to use it?
Also I have noticed that when you put python code in the <scriptCode> tag
you have to indent your code as if the xml  file would be a python file, I
mean you can't indent yout code relative to the <scriptCode> tag. which
breaks the indentation of the xml file.
Is there any place with the docs about  what XML tags would be understand in
Houdini? I haven't seen any docs about it yet.
thx

> 2010/3/23 Pablo Giménez <pablogipi at gmail.com>:
> > Cool it worked!
> > One more thing, I have seen that every entry has an id.
> > In your code snippet you put the python script directly in the XML file.
> > Is there any way I can assign a python script to this id, I mean, the
> > standar entries in the menu just have an id, so I guess there is some
> kind
> > of combention about how to write a python script for an id entry from the
> > menu, at least these standar entries are calling to comething isn't it?
> > thx
> >

> > 2010/3/23 Graham Thompson <captainhammy at gmail.com>
> >
> >> It's just like most other config things you can have in Houdini: you
> >> can have multiples.  Just copy the one in $HH and remove all the
> >> entries or create a new one and just put your own entries in it and
> >> stick it somewhere in the HOUDINI_PATH and you'll be good.

> >> custom
> copy
> of
> >> created