[Sidefx-houdini-list] GTO users

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 09:56:24 EDT 2010

I use GTO format every day, and is really useful, at least is as flexible as
bgeo in terms of been able to attach any kind of data to your geometry.
I also think is a file format that would be good to have in houdini out of
the box, many facilities are using it and always makes things easier for
Houdini to be implemented in a pipeline.

2010/3/23 Edward Lam <edward at sidefx.com>

> Andrew D Lyons wrote:
> > I've also been interested in this for other scene data:
> > http://code.google.com/p/protobuf/
>
> I just took a quick look. To me, the more interesting aspect of
> protobuf's is that you provide a text description of the object format,
> and it generates some code that will read said format. The same idea
> could be applied to GTO. Some tool is created that takes as input, the
> ASCII GTO headers conforming to some GTO protocol that you want to
> accept, and then it generates some code that will read any arbitrary GTO
> file into the desired protocol objects.
>
> Cheers,
> -Edward

Un saludo