[Sidefx-houdini-list] GTO users

Edward Lam edward at sidefx.com
Tue Mar 23 09:47:08 EDT 2010

Andrew D Lyons wrote:
> I've also been interested in this for other scene data:
> http://code.google.com/p/protobuf/
>>> I was wondering how many people are using GTO in their pipelines?

I just took a quick look. To me, the more interesting aspect of
protobuf's is that you provide a text description of the object format,
and it generates some code that will read said format. The same idea
could be applied to GTO. Some tool is created that takes as input, the
ASCII GTO headers conforming to some GTO protocol that you want to
accept, and then it generates some code that will read any arbitrary GTO
file into the desired protocol objects.

Cheers,
-Edward