[Sidefx-houdini-list] GTO users

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 19:07:22 EDT 2010

Hi Mark,

Drew Whitehouse has taken a crack at it already - which is why there
is some code out there already. It's Houdini 9.0 vintage though. I
only just got the base libs built, and haven't had a chance to try and
compile the HDK or python stuff yet. I'm definitely planning to do so
though - which is why I am checking to see if anyone else has an
update or info on it. I'm guessing with some of the HDK changes of
late it will need some dusting off, but I'm more than happy to help
with that. From there we can assess what else it can do. I like the
way protocol buffers make it easy to define new asset types - so I'm
thinking it will be for geometry and not node data though.

Cheers