[Sidefx-houdini-list] point -> edge list

John Lynch johnerlists at austin.rr.com
Mon Mar 15 23:27:51 EDT 2010

I think this is a long-standing RFE.

You can find an Hscript expression-based way that works with ordered
point groups here:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=6106

There's an HDK-based approach here:
http://www.fourthwall.ndo.co.uk/HT_HDK_GroupEdges.html

I did this myself recently deep inside an OTL when I needed a procedural
Dissolve, and came up with a minor monstrosity involving inline VEX, the
"getneighbours" function, and a Python expression (it's faster than it
sounds).  I don't think the list supports attachments, so see here:
http://vfx.s3.amazonaws.com/edges_from_pt_grp.hip.gz

This would be pretty easy to turn into an OTL, and with Python sets and
a neighbours list you can come up with any combination of open/closed
edges, etc.

Hope this helps