[Sidefx-houdini-list] unit testing houdini code

Georg Duemlein rdg at preset.de
Thu Mar 11 11:56:52 EST 2010

Hallo Katrin,

Unfamiliar with the 'Maya standalone mode' I'd try this approach:

create a test scene.
create python script that imports hou and loads the scene.
  hou.hipFile.load
Do the tests by altering the parameters and what ever the the unit test
does.

Once you import hou into a python session you basically have a Houdini
without UI. You can pass in command line parameters using your favourite
argument handler.

Georg

--
Georg Duemlein