[Sidefx-houdini-list] One dimensional noise() expression??

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Mon Mar 8 09:03:10 EST 2010

You can create your own expression like this and use it like that in a
position y of a Point Sop.
noise1d($TX*1.3)

# New function noise1d
noise1d(val)
{
vector nresult = noise(val, 1.1435, 993.782);
return nresult[1];
}

You could even create with that signature noise1d(val, freq, offset) to
make things easier.

I almost don't use Point Sop anymore, just to set normals to point or
something like that. I prefer to do everything in Vop Sop and the
Anti-Aliased Noise Vop allows you to do that out of the box and it's so
much faster.

François