[Sidefx-houdini-list] One dimensional noise() expression??

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 05:41:25 EST 2010

Hi there.
Well many times I have been thinking about what useful would be to have one
and tw odimensional noise() expressions.
The current one needs three parameters, that is fine for a lot of situations
but I really prefer to use a noise function ratehr than rand and having
something like noise($F) would be good aI think.
Maya noise function for instance allows this and is really handy.

BTW I have tried to use expressions like:
noise($FF, $FF + 10, $FF +56) and it always return 0, am I missing
something?
On the other side this works fine:
noise($FF, rand($FF + 10), rand($FF  + 56))
But I think is to heavy, I mean we are calculating 3 pseudo-ransom numbers
in one call, too expensive.
If I want to get a noise pattern but just from one value, what is the best
way? Adding offset to every parameter, multiplying, although this will
affect frequency ...
Ideas welcome :)
Cheers

--