[Sidefx-houdini-list] Vector motion blur render pass query

Phil Spicer PSpicer at bournemouth.ac.uk
Thu Mar 4 09:04:28 EST 2010


Hi,

Here is the link for the free Shake plugin:

Shake macro (ndo_IDirBlur)  http://www.creativecrash.com/shake/downloads/macros/c/ndo_idirblur--2


Kind regards,

Phil.




-----Original Message-----
From: sidefx-houdini-list-bounces at sidefx.com [mailto:sidefx-houdini-list-bounces at sidefx.com] On Behalf Of Pablo Giménez
Sent: 04 March 2010 12:58
To: sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
Subject: Re: [Sidefx-houdini-list] Vector motion blur render pass query

I believe there is a Motion Blur operator in Nuke, but I haven't use any motion vectors from Houdini with it.
But I think it should be something is a very common task I think.

2010/3/3 Phil Spicer <PSpicer at bournemouth.ac.uk>

> Hi,
>
> Thank you so much for all your postings about this. My understanding
> of all things rsmb has increased a great deal over the past day or so.
> This last posting is especially welcome...
>
> We have found a free plugin for Shake that will accept this Render
> Pass. I will find out the link for it and post it to you. I am trying
> to identify a similar operator for Nuke if anyone has come across one.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Phil.
>
>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: sidefx-houdini-list-bounces at sidefx.com [mailto:
> sidefx-houdini-list-bounces at sidefx.com] On Behalf Of steven ong
> Sent: 03 March 2010 19:17
> To: sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
> Subject: Re: [Sidefx-houdini-list] Vector motion blur render pass
> query
>
> There's a forum thread on this and xtimmyx posted something to the
> Exchange too.
>
>
> http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewt
> opic&t=15521
>
> Cheers!
> steven
>
>
> > As Sebastian told you can get the velocity vectors and transform
> > them to Camera space using a space transform sop.
> > This works fine.
> > Also, more easy, you can setup a secondary pass and export the
> > velocity vectors from your surface shader.
> >
> > 2010/3/2 Sebastian H. Schmidt <sebastian.h.schmidt at googlemail.com>
> >
> >> the vop node getBlurP (vex function getblurP) is your friend ;)
> >> take the position at the beginning and end of a frame and calculate
> >> the velocity, to transfer something into camera space use the
> >> toNDC, or the transform VOP
> >>
> >>
> >> Seb
> >>
> >> On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Phil Spicer
> >> <PSpicer at bournemouth.ac.uk
> >> >wrote:
> >>
> >> > Hi,
> >> >
> >> > Is there any way output a motion velocity vector render pass for
> >> creating
> >> > motion blur in the composite? I have tried generating one using
> >> the Trail
> >> > SOP and re-ranging the velocity data to output as colour using
> >> > the
> >> Point
> >> > SOP, and this works; however everything is in World Space rather
> >> than
> >> > relative to Camera Space. I am playing with VOPs as we speak...
> >> >
> >> > Any thoughts welcome...
> >> >
> >> > Kind regards,
> >> >
> >> > Phil.
> >> >
> >> > BU - the UK's Number One New University The Guardian University
> >> > Guide 2009 & 2010 This email is intended only for the person to
> >> > whom it is addressed
> >> and
> >> may
> >> > contain confidential information. If you have received this email
> >> in
> >> error,
> >> > please notify the sender and delete this email, which must not be
> >> copied,
> >> > distributed or disclosed to any other person.
> >> > Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author
> >> > and
> >> do not
> >> > necessarily represent those of Bournemouth University or its
> >> subsidiary
> >> > companies. Nor can any contract be formed on behalf of the
> >> University or
> >> its
> >> > subsidiary companies via email.
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > _______________________________________________
> >> > Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
> >> > Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
> >> > https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list
> >> >
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
> >> Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
> >> https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Un saludo
> > Best Regards
> > Pablo Giménez
> > _______________________________________________
> > Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
> > Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
> > https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list
> >
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
> Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
> https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list
>
>
>
>
> BU - the UK's Number One New University The Guardian University Guide
> 2009 & 2010 This email is intended only for the person to whom it is
> addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have
> received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this
> email, which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other
> person.
> Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do
> not necessarily represent those of Bournemouth University or its
> subsidiary companies. Nor can any contract be formed on behalf of the
> University or its subsidiary companies via email.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
> Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
> https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list
>



--
Un saludo
Best Regards
Pablo Giménez
_______________________________________________
Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list




BU - the UK's Number One New University
The Guardian University Guide 2009 & 2010
This email is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email, which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Bournemouth University or its subsidiary companies. Nor can any contract be formed on behalf of the University or its subsidiary companies via email.





More information about the Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list