[Sidefx-houdini-list] Layout neetwork editor using python

Graham Thompson captainhammy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 14:34:10 EDT 2010

Getting the selected node(s) is easy.  hou.selectedNodes()

There should be lots of examples of traversing input nodes in toolutils.py.

As for laying them out, you can get the parent of your selected nodes
and call hou.Node.layoutChildren(nodes_to_layout) or you could roll
your own layout algorithm.  I believe Luke's masterclass at Siggraph
2007 had an example of using pygraphviz to do just that.