[Sidefx-houdini-list] HOM and hiding parms

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 20:51:33 EDT 2010

You query the hidden value from the parmTemplate object:
parmTemplate.isHidden()

But set it from the parmTuple object:
houNode.parmTuple(parmName).hide(hidden)

>>> parm = hou.node('/obj/geo1').parmTuple("parm")
>>> parm.parmTemplate().isHidden()
False
>>> parm.hide(True)
>>> parm.parmTemplate().isHidden()
True

Yes - I have written a large body of python code which simplifies all common
(supported) UI operations via HOM.  :)

Cheers