[Sidefx-houdini-list] Exporting deep rasters from VEX Layered Surface SHOP

Daniel Jenkins thedj28 at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 24 04:32:00 EDT 2010

Hi Phil,

If you want to export variables from a VEX shader, you need to add the
export keyword before the variable you want to export out of the
shader, in the shaders main function parameters. e.g.

surface
layered(
        vector  Ca=1, Cd=1, Cs=1, Cr=0;
        export vector  Ct=1;
        float   Alpha=1;
        float   apara=1;
        export vector myCd = 1;
)

This will export the variables Ct and myCd, allowing you to access
them from your mantra ROP node

Hope that helps,

Daniel