[Sidefx-houdini-list] Rename channels in EXR files

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Mon Jun 21 10:37:02 EDT 2010

On Friday 18 June 2010 11:28:52 pm Peter Bowmar wrote:
> Yup, that seems to be where we're headed, though more likely we'll
> write an output shader for Mental Ray since that's the issue :(
> Houdini, not a problem of course.

	Well, except I will point out that mantra doesn't handle single channel
rasters very nicely, for those that don't know this.  It stuffs all of them
into a layer called 'unamed'.  You don't see this, it's a metalayer that
Houdini doesn't expose, but it plays havoc with Nuke and flame/infernos.
Vector rasters each get their own layer, they're fine.

	I've got an RFE in for this.

	Cheers,

	J.C.

---