[Sidefx-houdini-list] Rising Sun Pictures requires sr Houdini TD

Janet Fraser janet at sidefx.com
Thu Jun 17 13:31:45 EDT 2010

SENIOR HOUDINI FX TD:
Rising Sun Pictures are a passionate team of producers, artists and
technicians, known for providing complex visual effects and cg character
work to feature film clients all around the world. With a capacity to
scale to over 750 shots per year, Rising Sun has recently worked on
films such as Terminator Salvation, the Harry Potter series [The Goblet
of Fire, The Order of the Phoenix, The Half-Blood Prince, The Deathly
Hallows], X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Watchmen.

We are currently working on “The Last Dragon: Search for the Lost Pearl”
and “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” with both productions working
out of our Adelaide office. We are seeking a talented and experienced
Houdini FX TD for Harry Potter.

Responsibilities:
• Creating a high level of rigid body dynamics, fluid sims, cloth sims
and particle effects.
• Understanding and implementing the client’s and supervisor’s
requirements from visual, verbal and written briefs.
• Maintaining style and performance consistency across shots.
• Creating appropriate documentation around FX workflows.
• Creating the necessary render passes for compositing as required by
the compositor.
• Inducting more junior FX technical directors.

Skills and Experience:
• Prior experience working in a feature film environment.
• Minimum 4 years Houdini experience. • Scripting experience: Mel; Python
• Show competence in doing simple tracking and animation tasks in order
to accomplish the FX work at hand.
• Demonstrate knowledge of shake in creating basic FX comps in order to
show the FX work relative to the plate.
• Able to create simple models or tweak existing models as demanded by
the FX work.
• Able to create/modify simple shaders in hypershade and Renderman.
• Able to do simple FX rigging tasks such as writing expressions.
• Show a good understanding of cg lighting.
• Demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines and show daily updates.
• Communicate very clearly and inform production of any issues/obstacles
immediately.

For more information about Rising Sun Pictures please visit our website
at www.rsp.com.au <http://www.rsp.com.au>

Please send all applications to employment at rsp.com.au
<mailto:employment at rsp.com.au> with “Senior Houdini FX TD” as the subject.

Janet Fraser                              Tel: 416-504-9876 Ext. 204
Senior Account Executive                  Fax: 416-504-6648
Side Effects Software                     Web: http://www.sidefx.com
123 Front Street West, Suite 1401
Toronto, Ontario, CANADA M5J 2M2