[Sidefx-houdini-list] triggering a seg fault in windows?

Edward Lam edward at sidefx.com
Wed Jun 16 14:32:24 EDT 2010

Steve Tucker wrote:
> Just to clarify I wasn't insinuating that it's a feature of Houdini
> that is accessable through cygwin, just that you can get this
> behaviour through the shell that you otherwise won't get in the
> windows task manager...

Except that you can't trigger a SEGV even if Houdini was launched from a
Cygwin shell. In Cygwin, you can only send signals to other Cygwin
processes, of which Houdini is _not_. You can call "kill" to
unconditionally terminate a Houdini process, but then you might as well
just use "taskkill" from a cmd prompt and it doesn't matter how/where
Houdini was launched.

-Edward