[Sidefx-houdini-list] Dotted line wireframe style with python

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 06:45:10 EDT 2010

Uuups what a pity, I think would be great to have an option in the
hou.Sceneviewer.selectObjects()  method, like keep_persistant=False
That would leave the current selection as persistant. then ther could be
another option called finish_persistant=True i nteh same method.
So the first time you call for a selection you can enable persistant mode
and leave the selection as persistant with a dotted wireframe style.
The whe nyo uas k for the next selection you will set finish_persistant=True
so at the end of the selection th persistant mode will be finished.
This is helpful when doing tools for the shelf.
Another RFE???
cheers

2010/6/7 Edward Lam <edward at sidefx.com>

> Hi Pablo,
>
> Sorry, there is no current way to do that either in the HDK nor HOM.
>
> -Edward
>
> Pablo Giménez wrote:
> > Hi.
> > I have a shelf tool which allows the user to select one object, then
> another
> > one and move the first one to the centroid of the second one.
> > I have seen in the Parent shelf tool that after selecting the child/d the
> > wireframe of the child object turns to a dotted style.
> > I want to to the same for my tool byt looking at the code seems that this
> is
> > done by the parent state, in other words, is hardcoded in the parent
> > viewport state and is not something you can set via python.
> > Am I wrong?
> > Is ther any way to achieve this?
> >
> > thx

Un saludo