[Sidefx-houdini-list] Forward Kinematics in Houdini

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 06:52:19 EDT 2010

"Keep position when parenting" and Edit->Preferences->Objects And
Geometry->Keep Position When Moving Parent  are not exactly the same thing.
I submitted an RFE (ID=39975) some months ago.
But just wondering if I have missed something and there is already a
solution in Python or Hscript.
Not yet I think ....
Having something like objparent command will be great to make scripts that
enable "Keep Position When Moving Parent", reorient your bones and restore.
Relay on how do you draw your bones in the viewport to orient them properly
is a source of problems.

2010/6/1 Ken Ouellette <ken.ouellette at gmail.com>

> I remember this in hscript?
>
> / -> help objparent
> objparent
>    Controls the "keep position when parenting" option.
>
>    USAGES
>      1.  objparent [on|off|useflag]
>
>    With no arguments, prints the current setting.
>
>    OPTIONS
>      on|off|useflag
>          on
>              Always maintain world space position.
>
>          off
>              Never change the object's position.
>
>          useflag
>              Positioning depends on the "keeppos" parameter of the
>              object.

> > > Is there any way to enable/disable this option using Python or
> Hscript???
> > > thanks
> >
> > Unfortunately, no. Feel free to log an RFE though.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > -Edward

Un saludo
Best Regards